To create a PPTP connection on your Surface 2, please follow the steps below:
Step 1: Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap "Settings". (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, and then click "Settings".)
Step 2: Tap or click "Change PC settings", then tap or click "Network", and then tap or click "Connections".
Step 3: Under VPN, tap or click Add a VPN connection.
Step 4: Enter the information needed in the appropriate fields:
- VPN Provider: Choose "Microsoft" as your VPN Provider in the drop-down menu (this selects the PPTP protocol to be used)
- Connection name: Enter the name of the VPN connection you are setting up, e.g. the name of the server you are connecting to (London LOC1S1)
- Server name or address: Enter any of the PPTP server name that you were sent when you registered (for example uatuk.vanishedvpn.com)
- Type of sign-in info: Choose "Username and Password"
- Username: Enter your vanishedvpn account username.- Password: Enter your vanishedvpn password
Step 5: Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap "Settings".
(If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, and then click "Settings".)
Step 6: Tap or click the wireless network icon [Wireless network icon] (or the wired network icon if you are using a wired connection).
Step 7: Tap or click your VPN connection, and then choose "Connect". (You will disconnect the same way, by clicking on "Disconnect")
Once connected, try and stream content from where you are connected to (i.e. US Netflix if you are on the US servers).
Troubleshooting: If you, for any reason, experience the error 734: "PPP Link control protocol was terminated", try un-checking the option to remember your login credentials (Step 4). Namely, this is a non-fatal error that occurs due to remembered login credentials, and is fairly easy to fix