For router config, we recommend FlashRouters who provide either support or pre-configured routers which will work with our VPNs.
Please follow below steps to configure VanishedVPN PPTP on your D-Link router.
Before you start, please make sure of the following:
- You have already tested PPTP VPN on your PC/Mac to ensure that your network configuration and ISP allows PPTP connections.
- VPN can't be setup on the device that acts as your ISP modem. You need to have an additional router connected to your modem.
- Make sure you have network setup as shown in the image below.
This image shows that how your network setup will look like:
Step 1: First you will need to login to your D-Link router's control panel. To do so, type the router's IP address in your browser and login. You can find this information on the sticker on the back of your router.
Step 2: Click the Setup tab in the menu, then click Internet from the left hand navigation.
Click on Manual Internet Connection Setup.
Step 3: From "My Internet Connection is:" select "PPTP (Username / Password)".
Step 4: Under "PPTP INTERNET CONNECTION TYPE" section:
1. Select Address Mode "Dynamic IP".
2. Enter your desired VanishedVPN server address into the "PPTP Server IP Address" field. For a list of all servers, see VanishedVPN - Setup Guide.
Note: To convert a hostname (e.g. usa.vanishedvpn.com) into the IP address, open a Command Prompt and type "nslookup usa.vanishedvpn.com".
3. Enter your VPN Username and Password provided by VanishedVPN. Check the email "Message from Vanished VPN" for your login details.
4. Select Reconnect Mode "Always on".
5. Enter 184.108.40.206 and 220.127.116.11 for the "Primary DNS Server" and "Secondary DNS Server", respectively.
Step 5: Click on "Save Settings". You Are Done!
You can check if you are connected to a VPN server by going to www.whatismyip.com and see if your IP is changed.