This setup will involve downloading the OpenVPN app and downloading and applying the VanisheVPN openVPN config files. It should take you around 5 > 10 minutes to setup.
If you have used a VPN or unblocking service from another provider , remove any apps or config they provided, as it may interfere with our solution. If you have ever used Hola, make sure it is completely removed (not just disabled)
1. Download and install the OpenVPN software from openvpn.net. Make sure to allow the TAP drivers to install when you receive the pop-up later on during the installation.
2. Download the VanishedVPN OpenVPN config file from here for the Server that you want (i.e. usa.ovpn for the USA VPN to watch US Netflix)
3. Move the file that you downloaded (USA.ovpn in our example) to your OpenVPN config folder at (C:\Program Files\OpenVPN\config). Click continue when asked for administrator access to continue.
4. Right click on the OpenVPN GUI shortcut icon on your desktop, and choose 'run as administrator'
5. Right click on the OpenVPN icon in the task bar at the bottom of your screen.
6. Select the connection that you want (USA in our example), and select 'connect' from the drop down menu.
7. Copy and paste your VPN username (your email address) and password that you can see on the 'my account' dashboard on our site. These are case sensitive.
8. The icon should turn green to show that you're connected.
9. To test that you're connected, try and play some content from the location that you are now connected to (for example if you are connected to USA, navigate to netflix.com and you should see the US catalogue).
NOTE - by default, the Windows OpenVPN client requires you to input your username / password each time you connect. If you would like to change this to save your credentials, follow the guide here.
If OpenVPN does not connect as expected, ensure that:
1) Your username and password has been copied and pasted from your welcome email
2) When you run OpenVPN, you choose 'run as administrator'